Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Reflection by Dani

I learned that during this project that you can't just pick a president because you like them better, you have to pick them by what the issues they are concerned about and what they will do when they become president. My role in the campaign was important because I told voters the biography of my canadidate, Barack Obama. The most vital part of my job was to make sure everyone knows the real truth about Barack Obama's life and to get the people to vote for him. It was necessary to coordinate and coperate with my team because when one of our team members were stuck we would all help that member out. It was accomplished by the members of our team all working hard and working together.

Five things I learned about Barack Obama is that he was born in Hawaii and also lived in Indonesia for a few years. I learned that after college he put corporate life on hold and went to help poor neighborhoods with lots of crime and high unemployment. I also learned that he ran for the Illinois State Senate, where he served for 8 years. Also I learned that when Barack was Illinois State Senate he had to work with both Democrats and Republicans. Lastly I learned that he is happily married to his wife Michelle and have two daughters named Sasha and Malia.

I would describe this to someone out of school by saying in Social Studies we are doing a Presidential Campaign Webquest. Its where we get into groups of who wants McCain and Obama to be become president. Then we would seperate into groups of three that were voting for the same person. Next we all decide what job we want to have and there are three jobs, campagin manager, policy writer, and the speech writer. Then we go down to the computer lab and we start researching about our canddidite by what are job was. Next when were finished researching we can start typing. Lastly we post it and let everyone read it.

I think that this project will help me to become a better voter because now i know that i can't just pick a president by who I like the best. I have to base it off the decision that if I am a Republican or Democrat. Also that I have know about what the issues that they are concerned with and what they will do once they become president. Now I know How to decide who I want to vote for.

1 comment:

Ms. Daniel said...

Dani -- It seems like you learned a lot while working on this project. I hope you felt it was valuable to you.

Ms. D