Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Reflection By Megan

My role was important in the overall campaign of the candidate because when you want to be elected president you need support, and I give Barack Obama support and encouragement. The most vital part of my job is to help explain Barack Obama's plans and want he wants to do as president. It was necessary to cooperate with my team members because we are a team and teams need to work together, so we can make sure we are all on the same page. Cooperating with each other helped us accomplish these things by working together, asking each other questions, and helping each other with confusing things. Five things that I learned about the role of President during this project that I didn't already know was that there are a lot of consequences for all of your decisions so you have to chose your decisions wisely and carefully. I also learned that everybody needs support, it is important to have support because it helps persuade his/her voters (Obama's) to vote for that candidate, and it also shows that other people besides Obama agree with him and his campaign idea. Third, Obama has a lot of ideas and plans for the future, and our future, so it is very important that you make sure you like what your candidate has planned for president. Another thing I have learned is that "effort" is very important, if you are chasing a dream, like Obama is for president, you have to put in a lot of effort! It is important to use as much effort as possible for EVERYTHING because everything happens for a reason and everything that happens is important! Last of all, I learned that you have to make sure that what your doing is what you really want to do, like Obama, he always has to make sure that what he plans is what he's going to do. I would describe this project as very interesting and challenging because you have to put a lot of "effort" in researching about your candidate and you have to describe all of his plans and projects for the future! This project will make me a better voter when I am an adult because this project shown me that you can't judge a book by it's cover, that you have to vote for the candidate's ideas and plans that you agree with, and not to just vote for somebody just to vote. It's important that you pick the man/women that you think will best be incharge of your and my country!

2 comments:

Ms. Daniel said...

Wow, Megan! I am so very impressed by your insights and your wisdom. What a great reflection on this project!

Ms. D.

Ms. Daniel said...

Now -- I am confused... I've looked and looked and can't find your policy/platform piece. Am I missing something?
Ms. D.