Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Speech by: Elena

I am Barack Obama and I am your presidential candidate for the democratic party. If you elect me I will make a change and this time a change we can believe in.

I believe our nation is falling apart and we need a strong leader who can restore our nation. I believe that leader is me. I am strong because I have been through so many hardships in my life like when my mother died. She and my grandmother were the only close family I had and losing her meant the world to me. I come from a single mother who has struggled to provide the basic needs for me. She is dead now, but when she was alive her health care plan was very bad. I will provide health care because as everyone is getting older they have an increased risk of getting sick and if they are in the hospital all the time they are going to go broke because they will need to pay for their bills. I have a health care plan that will work. My plan is to cover every American with health care and lower the cost of health care for the average American family by up to $2,500.


If you elect me I have a plan for our nation. I plan to improve our children's education by strengthening our public schools to maximize our country's natural resources, which is the American people. I will also focus on our environment, the foreign policy, and Iraq. First of all our environment is in danger. Global warming is killing many of our animals like polar bears. My plan will help the endangered animals and create millions of new green jobs. I also have a plan to help our foreign policy by preventing weapons of mass destruction and stop the genocide in Darfur. The last issue I am going to tell you about is the troops in Iraq. Millions of soldiers are dying for no reasons. I plan to try and make peace with other countries instead of going into their countries and just shooting them. Senator John McCain plans to keep millions of troops in the war and let them die instead of them being home being with their families.


I will bring change to this nation that will be good for our nation instead of making bad changes and letting our nation fall apart all over again. I will be the best possible president and you can believe it too.

1 comment:

Ms. Daniel said...

Elena -- This is really wonderful! You did a lot of really good research to put this together, and you wrote a great speech.

Ms. D